Healthy in Linz
Linz offers its citizens comprehensive health services with an emphasis on counselling, prophylaxis and healthy living. With the General Hospital, the city is also engaged in the curative field and cooperates with many other health organizations.
Living and staying healthy – Linz makes it possible.
When giving notification of an emergency, please always provide the following information:
Where did it happen?
How many people are injured/ill?
What kind of injuries/illnesses?
Telephone numbers for emergencies
- Ambulance +43 144*
- Fire Department +43 122*
- Police +43 133*
- Arbeiter Samariter Bund (paramedics) +43 2124
- Emergency medical service +43 141 (only on weekends from Saturday, 7 am to 7 am of the first sub-sequent working day)*
- Poison control emergency phone number +43 1 406 43 43
- Advice hotline 147 (counselling for children and adolescents for problems of any kind)*
- Helpline against violence against women +43 800 222 555*
- Rape hotline +43 732 602200
- Psychosocial emergency +43 732 651015
- Crisis intervention center +43 732 2177
- Emergency telephone ministry +43 142*
* These emergency numbers can be called anywhere in Austria without a prefix and at no charge!
Brochure "Welcome to Linz". Offers - Information - Tips
The reprint of the info-guide by the Integration Office of the City of Linz contains twelve chapters, which provide a clear overview of and enable an easy approach for new inhabitants of Linz.
The contents of the brochure range from general information about Linz (work and profession, residing in Linz, education) to special topics like social matters health, women, culture, sports and free time, mobility and integration and laws for foreigners.