Linz and (horti)culture
In Linz nature, culture and pleasure combine. More than half the city area is composed of greenbelt, which makes it a genuine "oasis". A miniature paradise exists in the form of the Botanical Gardens, which have over 10,000 different plants both in tropical glasshouses and outdoor beds. This is a combination that with its diversity and floral splendour cannot fail to enchant. The Gardens are not only home to Europe's largest cacti collection with 1,100 varieties, but also the "Rosarium" and a selection of rare orchids.
With its spacious architecture and a direct view of the majestically flowing Danube, the Lentos museum of art provides the perfect frame and a sensorial ambience for works by renowed artists such as Klimt, Schiele and Warhol.
- Botanical Gardens. During a tour, you can explore the grounds and learn a great deal of interesting information about the surrounding flowers, herbs, bushes and trees. In the jungle-like atmoshpere of the glasshouses, the sumptuous splendour of the orchids and tropical flowers are certain to amaze.
- Lentos museum of art. A tour of the museum with works by Klimt, Schiele, Kokoschka, Warhol and other artists of the classic modern.
- Lunch at a restaurant.
- Linzer Beisltour. The Linz City Express picks you up directly from the Lentos museum. You get to learn all the most important, historical facts about Linz in a relaxed atmosphere and there are several stops at differing bars and restaurants in the Linz old town.
Duration: 1 day
- Admission Botanical Garden
- Admission and guided tour at the Lentos Museum of Modern Art
- Pub tour (beverages included) with the Linz City Express
- Not included: drinks, bus transfer