Get to know Linz ...
From its Celtic origins and first documented mention in 799 to the present day, Linz has experienced a varied history. Located on the banks of the Danube, the old town with its castle and baroque main square could tell many stories of the early phase of the city's history. Of the flourishing marketplace on the junction between important trading routes, proud town dwellers and clerical dignitaries, resident artists and scientists and the rise to provincial capital and one of the most important cultural and economic centres in Austria.
Programme suggestions for group travels:
- Arrival and check-in at the booked hotel
- Trip on the Pöstlingberg tram
- Visit of the pilgrimage basilica
- Visit of the Grotto railway and ride on the Dragon Express
- Lunch in a traditional restaurant
- Ride down to the inner city
- Tour of the city by bus, with an Austria Guide, or on the Linz City Express
- A city stroll, shopping
- Dinner, e.g. with an Upper Austrian speciality menu evening
- Visit of a Linz museum
- Voyage on the Danube on a charter ship or regular sevice
Duration: 3 days / 2 nights